1. Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe – Minister of National Policy & Economic Affairs
2. John Amaratunga – Minister of Tourism Development & Christian Affairs
3. Gamini Jayawickrama Perera – Minister of Sustainable Development & Wildlife
4. Nimal Siripala de Silva – Minister of Transport
5. S.B. Dissanayake – Minister of Social Empowerment & Welfare
6. W.D.J. Seneviratne – Minister of Labour and Trade Union Relations
7. Lakshman Kiriella – Minister of University Education & Highways
8. Anura Priyadharshana Yapa – Minister of Disaster Management
To work closely with other parties in the Opposition
Wants acceptable solution to the Tamil question
by Sandasen Marasinghe, Irangika Range and Disna Mudalige
Speaker Karu Jayasuriya announced to the House yesterday that TNA Parliamentary Group Leader and Trincomalee District MP R Sampanthan has been appointed as the Opposition Leader of the eighth Parliament.
He said that MP Sampanthan has been accepted as the Leader of Opposition as the UPFA had informed him in writing that it had no intention of seeking that post for their members.
TNA Leader R. Sampanthan making his first address to Parliament as the Opposition Leader said that he expresses his gratitude to the House for selecting him as the Opposition Leader.
"I also wish to thank all the...