Surveying of land to be expedited | Daily News


 

Surveying of land to be expedited

President Gotabaya Rajapaksa instructed senior government officials that the surveying of land units should be expedited, during a discussion at the Presidential Secretariat on Monday.

Secretary to the President, Dr. P.B. Jayasundara, Secretary to the Ministry of Land Reforms A.K. Ranawaka, and Surveyor General P.J. Dhampegama were present at the discussion.

President Rajapaksa stated that the government has identified a total of 14 million land units and during the last 20 years, only 10 percent has been surveyed. He instructed that the remaining 90 percent of land units should be surveyed immediately.

The President further instructed the officials to provide title deeds following the appropriate survey process. Issues relating to joint, disputed and boundaryless lands will be cleared in this process.

The President advised officials to use modern surveying equipment and drones to expedite the process. During the discussion, the recruitment of graduates to address the lack of personnel at the Survey Department was also considered.

In addition, President Rajapaksa highlighted the need for a database with the completed surveys which would be accessible to any individual.


Visit Kapruka.com Sri Lanka's Largest online shop. Over 125,000 unique categories such as Fresh Flowers, Cakes, Food, Jewllery, Childrens Toys and other Sri Lankan e-commerce categories. Low delivery cost to most cities here and free delivery in Colombo.

Add new comment