Death toll rises to 56; one fatality in Shanghai | Daily News


 

Death toll rises to 56; one fatality in Shanghai

 
China on this morning announced 15 more deaths from the new coronavirus, including one in Shanghai, the first reported so far in the metropolis.
 
Thirteen more deaths were also announced in Hubei Province, where the outbreak began, and one was announced in Henan Province. The latest deaths brought the toll in China to 56.
 
Across the country, 688 cases of the new virus were diagnosed on Saturday, the government said early Sunday. That brings the total number of confirmed cases to 1,975.
 
Public health officials in Toronto announced on Saturday night that test results showed that Canada has its first “presumptive” case of coronavirus.
 
Dr. Barbara Yaffe, Ontario’s associate chief medical officer of health, said the patient is a man in his 50s who returned to Toronto on Jan. 22 after visiting Wuhan, China.
 
The following day he was admitted to a major Toronto hospital with a respiratory infection. He is now in stable condition.
 
(Source:Nytimes)

Visit Kapruka.com Sri Lanka's Largest online shop. Over 125,000 unique categories such as Fresh Flowers, Cakes, Food, Jewllery, Childrens Toys and other Sri Lankan e-commerce categories. Low delivery cost to most cities here and free delivery in Colombo.

Add new comment