Fire destroys restaurant | Daily News

Fire destroys restaurant

A restaurant in Chilaw was razed to the ground in a major fire that erupted at noon yesterday.

According to Chilaw Police, a gas leakage may have caused the fire.

An employee of the restaurant who suspected a gas leakage in the kitchen had informed his colleagues to stay away from the restaurant. Police said that the employee’s caution saved many lives.

A large number of customers were having their lunch when the incident took place, police said.

The damage caused to the restaurant may exceed Rs. 10 million, they said.

Chilaw Police are investigating


Visit Kapruka.com Sri Lanka's Largest online shop. Over 125,000 unique categories such as Fresh Flowers, Cakes, Food, Jewllery, Childrens Toys and other Sri Lankan e-commerce categories. Low delivery cost to most cities here and free delivery in Colombo.

 

Add new comment