Child dies choking on worm tablet | Daily News

Child dies choking on worm tablet

A five-year-old died after choking on a worm tablet on Monday, at 7.30 pm.

The deceased was identified as Nithum Thanuvija Gangodawaththa of Jayathilake Mawatha, Galewela.

He was a Grade 1 student at the Galewela Primary School.

The child had been rushed to the Galewela Base Hospital and died while receiving treatment.

Hospital Coroner T.B. Koswatte had conducted a postmortem and said that the cause of death was asphyxiation.

Investigations are continuing.


 

Add new comment

Or log in with...