Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes to meet in court
US: Katie Holmes has denied reports she filed for an emergency
custody and child support following news she is divorcing Tom Cruise as
they will soon face each other in court.
Her lawer Jonathan Wolfe told People.com: 'Other than her action for
divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms Holmes remains her
request for an anonymous caption,' he said, referring to how she wants
the papers in the case to be filed anonymously.
Jonathan released a statement today following claims she had asked a
judge for an 'emergent application' which would have seen her come face
to face with Tom for the first time since their split was announced five
Cruise is yet to file any legal papers. The actor turned 50 yesterday
and flew from Iceland where he is filming to Los Angeles, spending the
occasion with his adopted children Isabella and Conner from his marriage
to Nicole Kidman.
It was reported earlier that a hearing for the emergent application
had been set for July 17, according to HollywoodLife.com. A source
allegedly told the website: 'Katie filed an 'emergent application' in
New York City on July 3.'
Both of the Hollywood stars, who were married for almost six years,
would be required to appear in court on the aforementioned date before
Judge Matthew Cooper, HollywoodLife claimed.
Tom is being represented by one of Los Angeles top divorce lawyers
Well-known legal analyst and author Lisa Bloom told website The Daily
Beast: 'She's making it clear she's going to play tough.
Cruise is more of a high-profile celebrity than she is, so he has a
greater distance to fall if grievances are aired. DAILY MAIL